I. AGE REQUIREMENT
We do not intentionally collect personal data from children under the age of 12. If you are under this Age Requirement, please do not use TennisCall Services and do not provide any personal data to us. If you are the parent of a child under the Age Requirement and realize that your child has provided personal data to TennisCall, please contact us to request the deletion of your child’s data. If we learn that we have collected personal data of a child under the age of 12, we will take reasonable steps to delete that personal data.
II. ISSUES RELATED TO PLAYING A MATCH
Sometimes things go wrong and unexpected situations may happen when playing a Tenniscall match in real life. This is how you should behave in such special cases:
- No Show
If one of the players does not show up at the agreed match time and location ("no show"), the other player has the right to input a default score of 6-0, 6-0.
If one of the players retires from the match (ie. due to injury, etc.), please input the score at the moment of the retirement (for example: 6-3, 4-3) AND check the box "RET" (for "retirement") under the name of the player who retired from the match. The player with the RET mark will be set as loser no matter what the actual score is.
- Match Suspension
If a match is suspended (ie. due to rain, or other external circumstances), players should wait to upload the scores until the match is finished at a later stage. Players will continue the match on another day and upload the score only when the match is completed.
III. COURT ETIQUETTE
A few simple tips from our team for less stressful and more fun matches:
- Matches are self-umpired and should be conducted in the spirit of fair play;
- You call the balls on your side of the court;
- If you are uncertain, your opponent gets the benefit of the doubt, and the ball is in;
- The server keeps score;
- Don't invade neighboring courts;
- Don't lose your cool, TennisCall matches are a great opportunity to meet new people and make new friends, you don't want to give them a bad impression;
- Respect your racquet and court facilities.
- TennisCall leagues, ladders, tournaments are open to the public and community members;
- TennisCall is a free service, we do not charge anything for the use of this platform;
- by creating an account on TennisCall.com, users acknowledge that TennisCall cannot be held responsible for any damage, injury or loss of life related to their use of the website and consequent tennis activity;
- users participate to TennisCall leagues, ladders, tournaments and practice sessions at their own risk;
- users shall verify that the information submitted onto TennisCall.com is correct and up to date;
- users may only have one account per individual;
- TennisCall is not responsible of any activities provided by the tennis clubs advertised on this site;
- to keep TennisCall messaging platform safe and relevant, any users that create or send repetitive posts unrelated to tennis activities will be considered as spam and running the risk of being banned from using our website;
- any use of language that we deemed offensive, intimidating, provocative, or may cause emotional injury to another user may result in account suspension;
- if you believe a post contains content that is obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, violent, contains hate speech, or other inappropriate behavior, you can report the post or the user to whom the post belongs to, by using the contact form here. Our admin will then review your report and take necessary action to stop the abuse. Your safety is our priority;
- TennisCall reserves the right to vary or amend the rules and regulations as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the leagues.
IX. RULES INFRINGEMENT AND ACCOUNT SUSPENSION
- (a) send you one or more formal warnings;
- (b) temporarily suspend your access to our website and services;
- (c) permanently prohibit you from accessing our website and services;
- (d) block computers using your IP address from accessing our website and services;
- (e) contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website and services;
- (f) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- (g) suspend or delete your account on our website and services.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website and services or a part of our website and services, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
We welcome suggestions to make TennisCall better and better.